Marvyne Jenoff is a writer and visual artist based in the Toronto area.
Green Lace Cloud collage on paper 7.5 x 9.5 inches
Updated June 17, 2018
Current and Upcoming
▪ Two of Marvyne's photography and watermedia collages, Green Lace Cloud (above), and Green Rain, (Collage and Assemblage) are currently on exhibit at the Arts & Letters Club Summer Group Show, 14 Elm Street, www.artsandlettersclub.ca. Open to the public on Sunday, July 8 (note change of date) from 1:00 to 4:00 PM or by appointment. Show runs until August 31.
▪ Marvyne's photography collage, Mirroring , has been chosen as the cover art for Heather Cadsby's new book of poetry, Standing in the Flock of Connections, Brick Books, Spring 2018. For more information see www.brickbooks.ca .
▪ Marvyne's poem, "Flying into Vancouver," will appear in Heartwood, an anthology of poems honouring trees. This selection of poems by members of the League of Canadian Poets is forthcoming; more specific information as it becomes available.
▪ From April, 2017: one of Marvyne's poems, “The Orphan and the Stranger,” from her book of the same name (Wolsak and Wynn, 1985) has been accepted by AngelHousePress for NationalPoetryMonth.ca, a celebration of the nation of poetry. See a variety of work by international poets and other artists. A new work is shown every day; Marvyne's will be featured on April 22 and continue to be available after that.
▪ Marvyne's photography and watermedia collage, Two Moons, Blue Table, was on exhibit at the Arts & Letters Club Photography Show in May-June.
▪ October: Watermedia painting based on text, Wide Silence, Round Sound #3 (red) was included in a silent auction for a fundraising event put on by Project Sunshine Canada's Young Patrons' Circle towards programming that supports children and families facing medical challenges.
▪ September: mixed media collage on paper, Widening, Green, was displayed in the Society of Canadian Artists' 49th Open International Juried Exhibition, The Papermill Gallery, Todmorden Mills Heritage Centre.
▪ September: three photographs in the Arts & Letters Club's Fall Group Show, 14 Elm Street, Toronto.
▪ From July: four of Marvyne's collages in TorontoArt’s new Roaming Art Gallery, the images in a loop with other artists’ work on a large screen at Brioche Dorée and online at www.torontoart.ca .
▪ June 24 to September 1: two works in the Summer Group Show of members' work at the Arts & Letters Club of Toronto, 14 Elm Street, Toronto.
▪ May 23 to June 4: collage Yellow Tempest in the Society of Canadian Artists' 2017
Elected & Associate Members' Exhibition Be Square II , Art Square Gallery and Cafe, Dundas St. W., Toronto.
▪ May works in the Photography Group Show at the Arts & Letters Club of Toronto
▪ April: collage Blue Town in the Ontario Society of Artists Open Juried Show at the John B. Aird Gallery.
▪ March: Yellow Voyage and No Fence Can Hold It in the Spring Group Show at The Arts & Letters Club of Toronto.
▪ February: Mountain Town and Yellow Tempest in the Winter Group Show at The Arts & Letters Club of Toronto.
▪ January to June: Roaming Gallery Show at Brioche Dorée Café.
▪ November-December: Four collages, Pear Dreaming series in The Big Classy Small Works Show at The Arts & Letters Club
▪ December: Collages: Glass and Moon City, in Mistletoe Magic Silent Auction. John B. Aird Gallery (both sold)
▪ October: Widening, Green in the Members' Juried Fall Group Show at The Arts & Letters Club
▪ October: Three collages in the COMMFFEST International Art Exhibition, at the Rotunda, Metro Hall, Toronto.
▪ Solo Show, Paper on Paper: Collage (31 pieces),
Skylight Gallery, Northern District Library, Toronto; all of January.
(Image: Paper on Paper: Collage photographed through the skylight at night.)
▪ Mixed media collage, Ghost Flowers, Fence, in the Colour and Form Society's Biennial Exhibition, The Papermill Gallery, June 15 to July 10.
▪ Watermedia collage Toronto Winter, Sunday Morning in the Society of Canadian Artists' Open Juried Online Show, March 15 to July 15.
▪ Collages in several group shows at the Arts & Letters Club of Toronto throughout the year.
▪ Five mixed media collages in the Small Works Show at The Arts & Letters Club of Toronto, November and December.
▪ Mixed media collage, "Port," in the
Society of Canadian Artists Elected Members' Show,
in the lobby of the Flato Markham Theatre, October 27 to November 22.
▪ Watermedia Collage, "Fields, Roads, Fences" is a finalist in the Arts & Letters Club of Toronto
NEXT! Ontario-Wide Competition , October 17 to November 14.
▪ Three pieces in the Propeller Gallery p.ART.icle Affordable Art Show, 30 Abell Street,
September 23 to October 4, including Nuit Blanche, October 3
▪ Three pieces in The Arts & Letters Club of Toronto Members' Juried Summer Show, June to August.
▪ "Mirroring" in the Society of Canadian Artists National Open Juried Online Exhibition, April 1 to July 15.
▪ Three pieces in The Members Juried Photography Show, The Arts & Letters Club, April 26 to May 28.
▪ Two embellished plates in the Dish It Up! Silent Auction, The Arts & Letters Club, May 11 to 26.
▪ Two collages, "Honey," and "Ghost Pears, Ice" in The Arts & Letters Club Spring Group Show, April
▪ Seven collages in the Connecting Canadian Artists Spring Show,
Arta Gallery, 14 Distillery Lane, Toronto; April 2 to 10.
▪ Two collages, "Ice" and "Ghost Flowers, Fence"
in The Arts & Letters Club of Toronto LAMPsweek Best Work Show, February.
▪ Photography collage "Mirroring" in The Arts & Letters Club of Toronto
Figurative Works Members' Group Show, January.
▪ Poem, "The Day She Never Saw the Weather," previously published in Crackerjack Umbrella, published online as the Leaf Press Monday's Poem, December 22
▪ Five photographs in the Arts & Letters Club Small Works Show and Sale, December
▪ Photograph, "Seven Pencils," in Mistletoe Magic, silent auction at
The John B. Aird Gallery, MacDonald Block, November-December
▪ Mixed Media collage, "Blue View," in the Colour and Form Society's 62nd Open Juried Show,
Etobicoke Civic Centre Gallery, August-September
▪ New chapbook from Twoffish Press: Embracing Minutiae, humorous personal essays. April and ongoing.
▪ Watermedia collage, "Winter Song," in the Society of Canadian Artists Members' Show,
Etobicoke Civic Centre Art Gallery, August
▪ Watermedia collage, "Motion," in the Colour and Form Society Biennial Show,
The Papermill Gallery, Todmorden Mills; June.
▪ Collage and a photograph in the Valentine Group Show,
Gallery Hittite, 107 Scollard Street, Toronto; January-February.
▪ Two lines by Marvyne, beginning "Dust, lust and miracles...," in Leaf Press Co-operative
New Year's Poem, January and ongoing