Marvyne Jenoff is a writer and visual artist based in the Toronto area.
Green Lace Cloud collage on paper 7.5 x 9.5 inches
Updated August 1, 2018
Current and Upcoming
▪ Two of Marvyne's photography and watermedia collages, Green Lace Cloud (above), and Green Rain, (Collage and Assemblage) are currently on exhibit at the Arts & Letters Club Summer Group Show, 14 Elm Street, www.artsandlettersclub.ca. Open to the public by appointment. Show runs until August 31.
▪ Four of Marvyne's collages are part of the current Toronto Art's Roaming Art Gallery, a show of member's work. See it on a big screen at Brioche Doree, 648 King Street W.(open daytimes, a pleasant place for lunch) or online at torontoart.ca. Show runs to the end of October.
▪ Marvyne's poem, "Flying into Vancouver," is now published in Heartwood: Poems for the Love of Trees, edited by Lesley Strutt. This anthology, juried from the work of members of the League of Canadian Poets, is a fundraiser for ecological programs and youth poetry in Canada. The book came out in late July and is now available on Amazon.ca.
▪ Marvyne will be giving a reading at the Art Bar Poetry Series, Free Times Cafe, College Street, Toronto, on October 16. Details to come.
▪ Marvyne's photography collage, Mirroring , has been chosen as the cover art for Heather Cadsby's new book of poetry, Standing in the Flock of Connections, Brick Books, launched in spring 2018. For more information see www.brickbooks.ca . Now available on Amazon.ca.
▪ From April, 2017: one of Marvyne's poems, “The Orphan and the Stranger,” from her book of the same name (Wolsak and Wynn, 1985) has been accepted by AngelHousePress for NationalPoetryMonth.ca, a celebration of the nation of poetry. See a variety of work by international poets and other artists. A new work is shown every day; Marvyne's will be featured on April 22 and continue to be available after that.
▪ Marvyne's photography and watermedia collage, Two Moons, Blue Table, was on exhibit at the Arts & Letters Club Photography Show in May-June.
▪ October: Watermedia painting based on text, Wide Silence, Round Sound #3 (red) was included in a silent auction for a fundraising event put on by Project Sunshine Canada's Young Patrons' Circle towards programming that supports children and families facing medical challenges.
▪ September: mixed media collage on paper, Widening, Green, was displayed in the Society of Canadian Artists' 49th Open International Juried Exhibition, The Papermill Gallery, Todmorden Mills Heritage Centre.
▪ September: three photographs in the Arts & Letters Club's Fall Group Show, 14 Elm Street, Toronto.
▪ From July: four of Marvyne's collages in TorontoArt’s new Roaming Art Gallery, the images in a loop with other artists’ work on a large screen at Brioche Dorée and online at www.torontoart.ca .
▪ June 24 to September 1: two works in the Summer Group Show of members' work at the Arts & Letters Club of Toronto, 14 Elm Street, Toronto.
▪ May 23 to June 4: collage Yellow Tempest in the Society of Canadian Artists' 2017
Elected & Associate Members' Exhibition Be Square II , Art Square Gallery and Cafe, Dundas St. W., Toronto.
▪ May works in the Photography Group Show at the Arts & Letters Club of Toronto
▪ April: collage Blue Town in the Ontario Society of Artists Open Juried Show at the John B. Aird Gallery.
▪ March: Yellow Voyage and No Fence Can Hold It in the Spring Group Show at The Arts & Letters Club of Toronto.
▪ February: Mountain Town and Yellow Tempest in the Winter Group Show at The Arts & Letters Club of Toronto.
▪ January to June: Roaming Gallery Show at Brioche Dorée Café.
▪ November-December: Four collages, Pear Dreaming series in The Big Classy Small Works Show at The Arts & Letters Club
▪ December: Collages: Glass and Moon City, in Mistletoe Magic Silent Auction. John B. Aird Gallery (both sold)
▪ October: Widening, Green in the Members' Juried Fall Group Show at The Arts & Letters Club
▪ October: Three collages in the COMMFFEST International Art Exhibition, at the Rotunda, Metro Hall, Toronto.
▪ Solo Show, Paper on Paper: Collage (31 pieces),
Skylight Gallery, Northern District Library, Toronto; all of January.
(Image: Paper on Paper: Collage photographed through the skylight at night.)
▪ Mixed media collage, Ghost Flowers, Fence, in the Colour and Form Society's Biennial Exhibition, The Papermill Gallery, June 15 to July 10.
▪ Watermedia collage Toronto Winter, Sunday Morning in the Society of Canadian Artists' Open Juried Online Show, March 15 to July 15.
▪ Collages in several group shows at the Arts & Letters Club of Toronto throughout the year.
▪ Five mixed media collages in the Small Works Show at The Arts & Letters Club of Toronto, November and December.
▪ Mixed media collage, "Port," in the
Society of Canadian Artists Elected Members' Show,
in the lobby of the Flato Markham Theatre, October 27 to November 22.
▪ Watermedia Collage, "Fields, Roads, Fences" is a finalist in the Arts & Letters Club of Toronto
NEXT! Ontario-Wide Competition , October 17 to November 14.
▪ Three pieces in the Propeller Gallery p.ART.icle Affordable Art Show, 30 Abell Street,
September 23 to October 4, including Nuit Blanche, October 3
▪ Three pieces in The Arts & Letters Club of Toronto Members' Juried Summer Show, June to August.
▪ "Mirroring" in the Society of Canadian Artists National Open Juried Online Exhibition, April 1 to July 15.
▪ Three pieces in The Members Juried Photography Show, The Arts & Letters Club, April 26 to May 28.
▪ Two embellished plates in the Dish It Up! Silent Auction, The Arts & Letters Club, May 11 to 26.
▪ Two collages, "Honey," and "Ghost Pears, Ice" in The Arts & Letters Club Spring Group Show, April
▪ Seven collages in the Connecting Canadian Artists Spring Show,
Arta Gallery, 14 Distillery Lane, Toronto; April 2 to 10.
▪ Two collages, "Ice" and "Ghost Flowers, Fence"
in The Arts & Letters Club of Toronto LAMPsweek Best Work Show, February.
▪ Photography collage "Mirroring" in The Arts & Letters Club of Toronto
Figurative Works Members' Group Show, January.
▪ Poem, "The Day She Never Saw the Weather," previously published in Crackerjack Umbrella, published online as the Leaf Press Monday's Poem, December 22
▪ Five photographs in the Arts & Letters Club Small Works Show and Sale, December
▪ Photograph, "Seven Pencils," in Mistletoe Magic, silent auction at
The John B. Aird Gallery, MacDonald Block, November-December
▪ Mixed Media collage, "Blue View," in the Colour and Form Society's 62nd Open Juried Show,
Etobicoke Civic Centre Gallery, August-September
▪ New chapbook from Twoffish Press: Embracing Minutiae, humorous personal essays. April and ongoing.
▪ Watermedia collage, "Winter Song," in the Society of Canadian Artists Members' Show,
Etobicoke Civic Centre Art Gallery, August
▪ Watermedia collage, "Motion," in the Colour and Form Society Biennial Show,
The Papermill Gallery, Todmorden Mills; June.
▪ Collage and a photograph in the Valentine Group Show,
Gallery Hittite, 107 Scollard Street, Toronto; January-February.
▪ Two lines by Marvyne, beginning "Dust, lust and miracles...," in Leaf Press Co-operative
New Year's Poem, January and ongoing